Sports therapy and rehabilitation is concerned with musculoskeletal conditions arising from sporting activity, not with general healthcare. It focuses on understanding and preventing sports injuries and dealing with the effects of physical and emotional trauma due to sports and exercise related injuries.
Sports therapy can involve:
- assess a players, athletes or participants readiness for exercises prior to an event.
- testing joints for ease and range of movement.
- strapping, taping, offering massage and preparing players, athletes or participants both physically and mentally.
- examining and assessing injuries and determining whether the athlete or participant can continue playing or taking part.
- examining and assessing injuries and dealing with traumas.
- treating injuries, alleviating pain, mobilising injuries, giving various types of massage.
- rehabilitating injuries by using manual therapy techniques and ultrasound.
- designing and monitoring rehabilitation programmes appropriate to the injury and/or sport and level.
- deciding whether athletes, players or participants need extra treatments and coordinating referrals to other practitioners.
- working to establish exercise, conditioning, core stability and injury prevention programmes, so that athletes, players or participants reach and maintain peak performance.
Please click here to view our prices here at The Therapy Lodge or contact us for further details.